Saturday, May 1, 2010

kinder troubles

So around this time last year B's psychologist suggested we should look into a few things as she suspected he may fall into a spectrum which is called Autism spectrum disorder!
WHAT??????????????
We were blown away and between us freaking out because our lil man was going to be labelled with something that we had not really heard of!
So we started by doing an assessment with this psychologist and we found he was alittle behind the rest of the 4 year olds in language!

Just as we were starting to work things into a good little routine (term4 late term 3) He starts to dig his heels in about going to kinder one of the children were hitting him! I informed the teacher but he was still coming up in bruises and saying that his "best friend" was now doing it too!

I confronted his teacher who then proceeds to inform me that my son is a bully as he won't leave the children alone when they say no so the end result is to hit or kick him! I was gob smacked how on earth can a teacher turn to a childs mother and say yes I know your child is being hit but he won't leave them alone! I thought it was their job to protect our children and not let them get hurt! So when I asked why it wasn't stopped she replied that it was but when they hit him it is because he is bullying them!

The next and final straw at that kinder was after rehersals for the concert one day she informed me that I should keep Brayden home from the concert because he is showing no interest of being apart of this and it is not worth "creating a scene"! I was so upset I kept him home from school and the concert and rang the president of the committee.

So we changed his kinder for this year and are all feeling a million times better and are seeing improvements in B we didn't think would happen! He even has new friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment