Sunday, May 23, 2010

Workshop

Yesterday I attended a Early Days workshop run by a lovely girl from Noah's ark with my mum!

I highly recommend this workshop for any parent or person very involved with an Autistic child to participate in.

There was only 8 of us (there were even 2 ver involved dad's) so we could talk freely about whatever things led to (which in our groups case was many things and not all to do with autism)!!

It starts off by getting to know everyone and my goodness a couple of the cases just broke my heart. I won't go into detail but I will say that these other children had problems above and well beyond autism! :( Makes me realise B isn't BAD!

Anyway we moved on to what autism is and then spoke of the therapies and the different funding we are entitled to! We talked about what each of us do with our kids and what we have found works and doesnt work what services we use and what we want to find out about!! Some things even shocked the OT who did the workshop!!!

It is amazing what sum people will put their child through we heard of the usual therapies like speech and psychologists and OT's then there was the caesien diet and what food you should eliminate with the diets! There were even some that have been proved to be harmful to children even some that apparently have had cases of death!!

I found this workshop very helpful but the best thing I got out of the day was the chance to hear about other parents having similar issues and no longer feeling like I am all alone in this battle!

I was actually one of the most informed there and it was quite a strange yet reassuring feeling!

So now Adam is going to be booked into one!

No comments:

Post a Comment